Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Potluck

There's going to be some makan-makan tomorrow. We (meaning the exiles...he he he, just kidding) are assigned the 'breakfast' time. There'll be lots and lots of choices for the morning session. We are having nasi dagang, spaghetti, lontong (yummmm, of course, because I'm the cook) and many more scrumptious dishes by friends. There goes my new year resolution, i.e. to diet, which was like four months ago. :-(
Anyhow, balik aje dari sekolah, terus membeli-belah bahan untuk lontong. Semangat tu. I do like to cook but somehow the opportunities bypass me. Right after that terus masak, apalagi lintang-pukanglah dapur. Maklum ajelah tukang masak amatur.
Tengah masak-masak, noticed that the gravy was a bit odd looking... Alamak!!!!! I forgot to add in some turmeric. Apa lagi, Mak Yah to the rescue la... Call Mak with a list of complaints and as usual she calmly rectify my errors and answer my questions...Aaah lega, after adding some, coz Mak said it was okay to do it, the gravy changed to its intended glorious colour. I sighed with relief.
When I phoned Mak, Abah who answered the call asked "nak masak apa???" Aiikkk, macam tahu-tahu aje. I must admit, she is an excellent cook. I learned a lot from Mak. Thank you, Mak, for insisting that your daughter learn how to cook. Albeit an amateur....

1 comment:

BabyMomma said...

memang sedap betul lontong you. Tapi i makan kuah ajer tau! nasib baik HaBb Malik tak minat lontong. I pun nak pura pura tak tau masak lontong selama-lamanya (i.e, tak nak belajar lah tu!!!) tapi u punya asam pedas recipe hari tu i buat tak jadi kat i la!! mesti tak cukup air tangan - boley pinjam tangan u sekali tak? kah kah kah
love- aniquah (self-confessed vain queen)