Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lesser and Lesser

I notice that my posts are dwindling gradually since I started in April. Didn't I promise myself to write more as I need the practice. The thing is I absolutely HATE writing. Even when I was in school and college, writing seemed to have escape from my grasp. I can't figure out the subject matter, nor the theme or whatever it is required to write. All I did most of the time is rambling nonsensically and expect my teachers or my lecturers to actually grade them and I expected excellent results. Hah, no such hope there. I even (in all my humility) flunked "Writing 101" in one semester and of course had to repeat the paper and to my horror with my juniors. Argghhh, how embarrassing and demeaning. Alas, I was rewarded for my diligence (*,) that time and procured an exalted B+ for my effort. However, I do have to share that with a few coursemates - Muhaida and Fathinie - who helped me tremendously. Thank you.
Turning back to the now, I must walk the walk. I have been nagging my students to be more diligent in their writing practice and yet here I am not making good of my own promise to keep on writing.
Well, folks, July would be the month of posts galore. God help me!!!!


No comments: