Friday, July 4, 2008

Hanging by a Thin Thread

I am, in fact, is hanging by a really, really thin thread and at the end of my leash. These days I feel, no, actually I am being attacked left and right. Dodging the attacks seems to be out of the question. So, I just grin and bear with it. I do feel the hurt as rumours and accusations are flying every other way. Various persons come up to me with stories, some amusing, some entertaining and some downright malicious.
I should have been more confrontational and set the record straight as one colleague suggested but I just don't have the energy to expend and I am not interested to please people nor to rectify their assumptions. As long as I know, I have nothing to worry about my teaching and doing my job as best as I can. I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT ME. There, I've said it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear sis,
mmg frustratingkan... semalam perkampungan ilmu pun...i mean we are trying our best to help the students..yet we're still bad di mata mereka... setiap kali keluar kelas sekarang...macam tak seronok.. macam org dok perati sangat ap kita buat...

BabyMomma said...

i'm trying not to feel affected because i THINK i did my level best at work. And I hope my fellow colleagues feel the same way - let's not go down to their level and continue being our fun selves. I've been hostile to people when I was affected last time, but I think keeping hermit and judgemental won't help us in any way. Rumors and principals, come and go, but if staying loyal to each other and cheering ourselves up with our infrequent small shopping trips and luncheons keep us happy, why stop? :)
To me, it's been an honour and memorable to work with you guys.

Shidah said...

Dear Iza and Aniq,
It's true that staying loyal to each other is one ingredient that kept our friendship and working relationship strong. Thanks for being my friends.
Yeah, let's keep our Friday outings as a way to celebrate the friendship that we have.

Anonymous said...

i agree ...
lets do things that keep up they way we are..cheerful nad helpful..hehe...thanks for the frenship too..