Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Went back to my hometown last Saturday. As usual, whenever we came back, Mak will spread an array of delicious food on the table. And Saturday's iftar was not excluded - we had awesome chicken curry, mussel rendang and some other dishes. As for Sunday's iftar we were served my all-time favourite - soto ayam.


But please excuse the lack of pictures, everybody was like the hoover vacuum, but to be honest I wasn't inclined to take pictures, dah lapar sangat!!!!


Today's iftar will be steamed assam siakap, kerabu mangga and some additional dishes. Yours truly will be the invited chef for the day. Hopefully, the dishes would turn up fine as I have the tendency to make errors and mistakes cooking at home. Ye la, cooking in front of the master is quite daunting. Furthermore, the critics and reviewers are a bunch of hard to please people. He he, jangan marah, Abah.


Will update the pictures soon, hopefully.

As I've written before, the dishes weren't as excellent as when I cooked in KD. But, still got rave reviews from the family. Aaaaawwwhhhh.....

No comments: